(The year is 2020… Sounds like an intro to a post-apocalyptic movie, huh?)
Although it is a tumultuous year for the economy in the whole world and the consumer market, everybody is blogging and social media is being used by basically everyone. People who are looking for online exposure and more presence in different spheres of the internet; either wanting to have their own business or just expanding their branch of work. All of them have to be acquainted with the pros and cons of Shopify and WordPress, the two most commonly used e-commerce platforms.
In the modern world, the first, and most popular step, is launching your own online place. If you want to open an online business you will want to know about the differences between Shopify and WordPress and all of their features.
These two are the way of the future, and they each have their qualities; here is a list:
Pros of Shopify:
• Very user friendly.
• All the tools are given to map out your website and customize all the features you need; with no previous experience or knowledge needed.
• Better for SEO (Search Engine Optimization). Advanced apps give it edge over WordPress.
Cons of Shopify:
• Additional costs of maintenance and pricing.
• Shopify is a dedicated eCommerce store tool, whereas WordPress has many uses.
Pros of WordPress:
- There is a big amount of helpful resources online, both from user forums and professional developers.
- More flexibility and a larger database.
- 38% of all the websites on the internet are built on WordPress.
Cons of WordPress:
- You have to know about coding – something, not every company or entrepreneur has the knowledge or resources for.
- You need lots of plugins for additional features. Example: WordPress does not have any e-commerce features to start with, but uses WooCommerce plugin most often.
There is no right or wrong answer here. Both are ultimate store builders and leaders in their field; Instead, it’s all about finding out which platform fits your needs the best. There are differences undoubtedly but with proper research, you will find the right fit. Besides reading this blog, you may find out something useful from business colleagues, previous users of both platforms, and by word-of-mouth.
Good luck to you and your new online venture!
Enter your email address below to subscribe to our newsletter